michigan honda
welcome to the michigan rice forum, if you are a new member, returning member or plan on registering, be sure to introduce your self to the forum in the NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE area of the forum. thanks again for visiting - blackvtecEG (forum admin.)
michigan honda
welcome to the michigan rice forum, if you are a new member, returning member or plan on registering, be sure to introduce your self to the forum in the NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE area of the forum. thanks again for visiting - blackvtecEG (forum admin.)
michigan honda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the michigan car forum thats all about honads and acuras

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
hello and welcome to the michigan rice forum

Marshalls DX *Pre "Under the Knife"*

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MarshallG_BTL

MarshallG_BTL

Marshalls DX *Pre "Under the Knife"* Empty
PostSubject: Marshalls DX *Pre "Under the Knife"*   Marshalls DX *Pre "Under the Knife"* EmptyTue 25 Aug 2009, 11:32 pm

This is going to be a Giant project log as I rip apart my new 94 DX Coupe.
*Again* Picked the car up from my friend Alex for $800 and my old MTX system.
As you will see.. the car was origionally TEAL Evil or Very Mad Crying or Very sad scratch But Alex decided to spray bomb it flat black. *Thank god...*

Marshalls DX *Pre "Under the Knife"* 66001339975544078407644
Marshalls DX *Pre "Under the Knife"* 66001339980344078407644c
Marshalls DX *Pre "Under the Knife"* 66001339981144078407644
Marshalls DX *Pre "Under the Knife"* 66001339982394078407644

The car came with
some sick suspension *Ill find the brand later, all I saw was the $800 reciept for it haha*
Tekno Blue Coil overs ~2inch drop
Spectre SRI
DC headers
Custom 2.5 inch Cat back exhaust and muffler
Short Shift (The name escapes me right now)
Upgraded clutch and flywheel
Engine was swapped for a D16Y7 Motor, Car still has stock trans
Ill add more as I remember / change anything

When i got the car, the front passenger caliper had a bolt missing and had been sliding open as Alex drove home from Lake Orion to Oak park. >< So first thing first, comes the new Calipers! Thanks for S&G auto on 12 Mile in Berkley for these, $45 + a $15 core desposit that I got back.
You can see the old Caliper hanging off and the brand new one on.. What a difference that made.. lol (I know its stock ish, but shit.. I want the car running.. why spend tons on "special" Calipers when I can get the car fixed sooner..
Marshalls DX *Pre "Under the Knife"* 0728091655

So, after bleeding the Calipers and what Not I come to find the bleeder screw on the back driver side is ... broken off! wooot! cheers
So now I need to Buy new Drum Calipers for the back.
**Update 8/25** Still have not had the chance to do this. Ive been too busy to work on the car, with buying my girlfriend a ring and with her Birthday coming up.. soon though!

So after the Calipers were done I still had no break pressue... Now I have to buy a new Master Break Cylinder.
**Update 8/25** Still havent had the chance to work on the car.

As I was doing the Calipers, I found out the joints on my control arms, and my half shafts were garbage.. Idk how the wheel was still on there.. So I currently am getting ready to order brand new arms with joints, and half shafts as well as my master cylinder. Ill update with progress pics.

Along the way on Xceedspeed I found a great deal. AN EG coupe bumper AND headlights for $50. As you can see in the pictures I was in need of those, pretty bad. rabbit
Here is what the new lights look like. Yes stock, but Im working 1 piece at a time.. Ill eventually get something better.. Im just showing improvements at this point..
THEN
Marshalls DX *Pre "Under the Knife"* 0809091509
NOW
Marshalls DX *Pre "Under the Knife"* 0812091733

The new bumper is red currently, so Im waiting to paint the car for that.. but those details come later.

Sooot hat is how the car stands right now. But I figure I should tell you all ... or show you how it will look when Im done.. Yes... the picture is an 01, But it will be the same color, and I will have a CF hood, which I have on hold right now cheers
Marshalls DX *Pre "Under the Knife"* 1010434

Right now Im planning to have the car driving by next month. I just have alot to save for, and starting college isnt helping. However, by next summer The car will be blue, and Ill definitely have a little something extra from my friends at Speed Industry. Ill update as time goes on! Stay tuned Cool
Id also love any thoughts / comments / ideas!

Thanks,
Marshall *Beyond The Limits*
Back to top Go down
blackvtecEG
Admin
blackvtecEG

PostSubject: Re: Marshalls DX *Pre "Under the Knife"*   Marshalls DX *Pre "Under the Knife"* EmptyTue 25 Aug 2009, 11:43 pm

damn this things gonna be fuckin sick when its done, my eg hatch was red but soltec from here spray bombed it before i bought it from him and i love it
Back to top Go down
https://michiganrice.forumotion.com
MarshallG_BTL

MarshallG_BTL

PostSubject: Re: Marshalls DX *Pre "Under the Knife"*   Marshalls DX *Pre "Under the Knife"* EmptyTue 25 Aug 2009, 11:46 pm

Yeah, I really cant wait. Im having ION_C2 from Xceed go with me to make a custom turbo sometime. I dont want insane numbers to be honest.. Ill wait till I buy my STI for that.. but this is going to be my first real project car and ill drive it all summer.. so it has to be fun when I want to drive the hell out of it, but reliable when I dont.
Back to top Go down
blackvtecEG
Admin
blackvtecEG

PostSubject: Re: Marshalls DX *Pre "Under the Knife"*   Marshalls DX *Pre "Under the Knife"* EmptyTue 25 Aug 2009, 11:58 pm

i have a d16z6 and plan on fully building and boosting it
Back to top Go down
MarshallG_BTL

MarshallG_BTL

PostSubject: Re: Marshalls DX *Pre "Under the Knife"*   Marshalls DX *Pre "Under the Knife"* EmptyWed 26 Aug 2009, 12:17 am

Good luck with that! I really hope it turns out amazing. I love my D series. SOHC FTMFW haha.
Back to top Go down
blackvtecEG
Admin
blackvtecEG

PostSubject: Re: Marshalls DX *Pre "Under the Knife"*   Marshalls DX *Pre "Under the Knife"* EmptyWed 26 Aug 2009, 12:19 am

MarshallG_BTL wrote:
Good luck with that! I really hope it turns out amazing. I love my D series. SOHC FTMFW haha.
x2 lol
Back to top Go down
new_tuner

new_tuner

PostSubject: Re: Marshalls DX *Pre "Under the Knife"*   Marshalls DX *Pre "Under the Knife"* EmptyWed 26 Aug 2009, 1:23 am

haha i got a way better deal for my car and it drives ha j/k btl sohcs
Back to top Go down
MarshallG_BTL

MarshallG_BTL

PostSubject: Re: Marshalls DX *Pre "Under the Knife"*   Marshalls DX *Pre "Under the Knife"* EmptyWed 26 Aug 2009, 1:24 am

Lol smartass.. Watch my car destroy yours after it is running right though... hah!
Back to top Go down
new_tuner

new_tuner

PostSubject: Re: Marshalls DX *Pre "Under the Knife"*   Marshalls DX *Pre "Under the Knife"* EmptyWed 26 Aug 2009, 1:27 am

na .... it wont jus lemme put my dc headers on maybe tomorrow
Back to top Go down
blackvtecEG
Admin
blackvtecEG

PostSubject: Re: Marshalls DX *Pre "Under the Knife"*   Marshalls DX *Pre "Under the Knife"* EmptyWed 26 Aug 2009, 1:29 am

i got a dc header on my z6
Back to top Go down
MarshallG_BTL

MarshallG_BTL

PostSubject: Re: Marshalls DX *Pre "Under the Knife"*   Marshalls DX *Pre "Under the Knife"* EmptyWed 26 Aug 2009, 1:31 am

I have dc on my y7.. lol.. I see a theme here with us BTL guys haha
Back to top Go down
blackvtecEG
Admin
blackvtecEG

PostSubject: Re: Marshalls DX *Pre "Under the Knife"*   Marshalls DX *Pre "Under the Knife"* EmptyWed 26 Aug 2009, 1:32 am

MarshallG_BTL wrote:
I have dc on my y7.. lol.. I see a theme here with us BTL guys haha
x2 lol!
Back to top Go down
new_tuner

new_tuner

PostSubject: Re: Marshalls DX *Pre "Under the Knife"*   Marshalls DX *Pre "Under the Knife"* EmptyWed 26 Aug 2009, 1:36 am

Question Exclamation
Back to top Go down
MarshallG_BTL

MarshallG_BTL

PostSubject: Re: Marshalls DX *Pre "Under the Knife"*   Marshalls DX *Pre "Under the Knife"* EmptyWed 26 Aug 2009, 1:45 am

Ill try and update this weekly, if plans change.. or if I can figure out a more realistic date at which ill be working on it
Back to top Go down
MarshallG_BTL

MarshallG_BTL

PostSubject: Re: Marshalls DX *Pre "Under the Knife"*   Marshalls DX *Pre "Under the Knife"* EmptyWed 26 Aug 2009, 1:04 pm

*Update* Picking up clear corners tomorrow hopefully
Back to top Go down
blackvtecEG
Admin
blackvtecEG

PostSubject: Re: Marshalls DX *Pre "Under the Knife"*   Marshalls DX *Pre "Under the Knife"* EmptyWed 26 Aug 2009, 1:09 pm

lol i got clear corners with hollogen bulbs, they = tits lol
Back to top Go down
new_tuner

new_tuner

PostSubject: Re: Marshalls DX *Pre "Under the Knife"*   Marshalls DX *Pre "Under the Knife"* EmptyWed 26 Aug 2009, 1:15 pm

that wats up
Back to top Go down
MarshallG_BTL

MarshallG_BTL

PostSubject: Re: Marshalls DX *Pre "Under the Knife"*   Marshalls DX *Pre "Under the Knife"* EmptyWed 26 Aug 2009, 1:20 pm

Yeah, Xceed is good for somethings I guess Very Happy
Back to top Go down
new_tuner

new_tuner

PostSubject: Re: Marshalls DX *Pre "Under the Knife"*   Marshalls DX *Pre "Under the Knife"* EmptyThu 27 Aug 2009, 12:14 am

we are fixin his car
Back to top Go down
MarshallG_BTL

MarshallG_BTL

PostSubject: Re: Marshalls DX *Pre "Under the Knife"*   Marshalls DX *Pre "Under the Knife"* EmptyThu 27 Aug 2009, 12:56 am

**UPDATE 8/26** Hell yeah! HUGE MAD FUCKING PROPS to Dequan and his friends for hooking me up today.. They came over to have our first meet up at my house and after talking and hanging with them, they gave me MINT seats, both front ones, and new back seats.. top and bottom. Along with the passenger side control arms and a master break cylinder!! As well as new door panels! NO MORE SPRAY BOMBED SHIT IN MY CAR!! We started working around 9:30 and at 10 sadly my parents started bitching because they have to work early..(being 18 and at home sucks sometimes .. >< ) We got the back seats in, and front passenger, as well as the panels. Tomorrow we have to bend the bracket on the front driver side and bolt it in! After that comes the cylinder and arms.. and Im going to pray the car is strong tomorrow..

Ill be up at 8AM to go to Dequan's to loosten his wheel lugs and help with some suspension.. then its back here to finish the car. Ill update with pics tomorrow
Maybe a video or two as well..
Back to top Go down
blackvtecEG
Admin
blackvtecEG

PostSubject: Re: Marshalls DX *Pre "Under the Knife"*   Marshalls DX *Pre "Under the Knife"* EmptyThu 27 Aug 2009, 12:57 am

MarshallG_BTL wrote:
**UPDATE 8/26** Hell yeah! HUGE MAD FUCKING PROPS to Dequan and his friends for hooking me up today.. They came over to have our first meet up at my house and after talking and hanging with them, they gave me MINT seats, both front ones, and new back seats.. top and bottom. Along with the passenger side control arms and a master break cylinder!! As well as new door panels! NO MORE SPRAY BOMBED SHIT IN MY CAR!! We started working around 9:30 and at 10 sadly my parents started bitching because they have to work early..(being 18 and at home sucks sometimes .. >< ) We got the back seats in, and front passenger, as well as the panels. Tomorrow we have to bend the bracket on the front driver side and bolt it in! After that comes the cylinder and arms.. and Im going to pray the car is strong tomorrow..

Ill be up at 8AM to go to Dequan's to loosten his wheel lugs and help with some suspension.. then its back here to finish the car. Ill update with pics tomorrow
Maybe a video or two as well..
wooot bounce
Back to top Go down
MarshallG_BTL

MarshallG_BTL

PostSubject: Re: Marshalls DX *Pre "Under the Knife"*   Marshalls DX *Pre "Under the Knife"* EmptyThu 27 Aug 2009, 11:44 pm

**UPDATE 8/27**
Car has Control arms! Working Break cylinder, all new interior, cleaned engine bay, annnd the new bumper is on! Tomorrow, if I can pull together the money to get my title transferred and get a plate.. were gonna finish the car. Paint the bumper, fix the trunk latch, and if we are bored / if eddy and sam are willing, take out the automatic sunroof and put it on my car! God i fucking love this!!

mad mad thanks to Dequan, and even bigger thans to Ed, and his bro Sam for all the hard work and parts..
Back to top Go down
blackvtecEG
Admin
blackvtecEG

PostSubject: Re: Marshalls DX *Pre "Under the Knife"*   Marshalls DX *Pre "Under the Knife"* EmptyThu 27 Aug 2009, 11:52 pm

woot for being driveable lol good to hear
Back to top Go down
MarshallG_BTL

MarshallG_BTL

PostSubject: Re: Marshalls DX *Pre "Under the Knife"*   Marshalls DX *Pre "Under the Knife"* EmptyFri 28 Aug 2009, 12:03 am

Yeah, If i can get money.. which i dont know how i will honestly.. i hope to have my car at the races tomorrow night. I have to transfer the title, and get a plate.. which i hear is about 30 or so.. do you know what yours was? ive never bought a plate.. rofl /facepalm
Back to top Go down
blackvtecEG
Admin
blackvtecEG

PostSubject: Re: Marshalls DX *Pre "Under the Knife"*   Marshalls DX *Pre "Under the Knife"* EmptyFri 28 Aug 2009, 12:09 am

60 bux for a personal plate and 30 for a regular one
Back to top Go down
MarshallG_BTL

MarshallG_BTL

PostSubject: Re: Marshalls DX *Pre "Under the Knife"*   Marshalls DX *Pre "Under the Knife"* EmptyFri 28 Aug 2009, 11:16 pm

Plates on, blah blah blah.. car runs amazing.. and then it rained super hard and now it sputters >< lets hope it just needs to dry out
Back to top Go down
new_tuner

new_tuner

PostSubject: Re: Marshalls DX *Pre "Under the Knife"*   Marshalls DX *Pre "Under the Knife"* EmptyFri 28 Aug 2009, 11:46 pm

it will be ok bro jus be patient
Back to top Go down
blackvtecEG
Admin
blackvtecEG

PostSubject: Re: Marshalls DX *Pre "Under the Knife"*   Marshalls DX *Pre "Under the Knife"* EmptyFri 28 Aug 2009, 11:51 pm

yea dude we all got problems lol my alternator just took a mad shit
Back to top Go down
new_tuner

new_tuner

PostSubject: Re: Marshalls DX *Pre "Under the Knife"*   Marshalls DX *Pre "Under the Knife"* EmptyFri 28 Aug 2009, 11:53 pm

you need to fix that and get your ass near detroit
Back to top Go down
blackvtecEG
Admin
blackvtecEG

PostSubject: Re: Marshalls DX *Pre "Under the Knife"*   Marshalls DX *Pre "Under the Knife"* EmptySat 29 Aug 2009, 12:03 am

new_tuner wrote:
damn right lol
Back to top Go down
MarshallG_BTL

MarshallG_BTL

PostSubject: Re: Marshalls DX *Pre "Under the Knife"*   Marshalls DX *Pre "Under the Knife"* EmptySat 29 Aug 2009, 12:08 am

Im going to let my car dry over night, and ill see what it does tomorrow.. im hoping it goes away.. =\
Back to top Go down
new_tuner

new_tuner

PostSubject: Re: Marshalls DX *Pre "Under the Knife"*   Marshalls DX *Pre "Under the Knife"* EmptySat 29 Aug 2009, 12:46 am

blackvtecEG wrote:
new_tuner wrote:
damn right lol
im talkin bout you nigga
Back to top Go down
blackvtecEG
Admin
blackvtecEG

PostSubject: Re: Marshalls DX *Pre "Under the Knife"*   Marshalls DX *Pre "Under the Knife"* EmptySat 29 Aug 2009, 12:48 am

new_tuner wrote:
blackvtecEG wrote:
new_tuner wrote:
damn right lol
im talkin bout you nigga
i know lol
Back to top Go down
MarshallG_BTL

MarshallG_BTL

PostSubject: Re: Marshalls DX *Pre "Under the Knife"*   Marshalls DX *Pre "Under the Knife"* EmptyMon 31 Aug 2009, 12:25 am

Car will stutter from time to time, but its running amazing! I still need a new filter, and a tune up, plus the door lock, sunroof and to put a new trunk latch in.. but its great Very Happy
Back to top Go down
new_tuner

new_tuner

PostSubject: Re: Marshalls DX *Pre "Under the Knife"*   Marshalls DX *Pre "Under the Knife"* EmptyMon 31 Aug 2009, 1:42 pm

snatch out your spark plgs and see wats on them if nothins on them, leave your filter in the house for a day and drive it with no filter and see if it still sputters
Back to top Go down
MarshallG_BTL

MarshallG_BTL

PostSubject: Re: Marshalls DX *Pre "Under the Knife"*   Marshalls DX *Pre "Under the Knife"* EmptyMon 31 Aug 2009, 1:52 pm

The filter got so rusted from sam filling it with soap and water lol.. i feel like the cars air flow is cut in half.
Back to top Go down
new_tuner

new_tuner

PostSubject: Re: Marshalls DX *Pre "Under the Knife"*   Marshalls DX *Pre "Under the Knife"* EmptyMon 31 Aug 2009, 2:00 pm

thats y i said run the car without the filter and see if it still sputter
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marshalls DX *Pre "Under the Knife"*   Marshalls DX *Pre "Under the Knife"* Empty

Back to top Go down

Marshalls DX *Pre "Under the Knife"*
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
michigan honda :: GENERAL :: members rides/projects-
Jump to: